Neill Belshaw - Master Plasterer
I can carry out all types of plastering and ceiling or wall finishing to the highest standard. I have plastered and finished a huge variety of walls, surfaces and buildings.
Internal plastering on walls consists of two coats: one is base coat, which is applied thicker, then the finishing coat. The finishing coat consists of a thin smooth coat of plaster. On ceilings two thin coats of finishing plaster is normally applied. In some cases a different technique may be required due to the structure of the wall. All plaster finishes can be decorated with paint, wallpaper or vinyl when the plaster has dried out completely as long as the plaster has been treated with a paint sealer.
All types of plastering and wall finishing work are undertaken, including:
- Pointing and re-pointing work
- Floating and skimming of stone, block work or brick walls
- PVA adhesive coating and skimming with plaster of rough finished or artexed walls that you just can't do anything with!
- Building of stud partition walls and doorways to convert or alter existing rooms
- Plasterboarding and skimming replacement of damaged ceilings and partition walls
- Supplying and fixing of new coving or ornamental cornice and mouldings
- Repairs to, and running in, of sections of ornamental plasterwork to match existing features
- Plastering work for loft conversions
- Sand and cement rendering of exterior walls